Weddings & Functions
We are happy to offer Appleby House as a wedding/function venue + accommodation, with the option of using Rabbit Island Huts as additional accommodation for your guests.
The venue is suited to accommodate up to 50 visiting guests and up to 24 staying guests using all accommodation options. Suitable for special occasions when you want a casual intimate event.
Appleby House offers: (sleeps up to 10)
- Five queen rooms - additional bedding available if required
- Lots of outdoor space for setting up marquees etc
- Lots of indoor space
- Full commercial kitchen
- Lots of platters, cutlery and glassware supplied
- Outdoor fire and bbq/entertainment area
- Surrounding paddocks for additional parking, marquee set up or helipad
Rabbit Island Huts offers:(two people per Hut)
- Six individual huts that sleep two people in each (one queen bed per hut)
- One Glamping Tent being added summer of 2017/2018.
- Three huts include bathrooms/Three Huts share two separate bathrooms
- Separate outdoor dining area, community area, bathrooms and bbq area with outdoor fire
Total Rooms 12 Total Occupancy 24 (12 x couples)
As a guideline the Function Fee is:
We only rent for functions if you are also renting accommodation (Appleby House). The below costs are additional to the accommodation costs.
We are happy to give you a cost based on actual requirements, the cost will depend on if you are having the ceremony & function or if you are planning on a get together on the day after the wedding e.g. events over two days.
Function Fee Pricing: – additional to accommodation
- One day hire ceremony & reception $1100.00
- If two day event e.g. wedding one day and function following day $1500.00
Numbers are based up to 80 guests if you are planning to have more than 80 guests please add $15.00 per guest, this gives you a estimate of costs. Please send me full details, accommodation requirements, wedding guest numbers, if you want ceremony, reception and or get together the following day, and I can give you a detailed estimate of costs.
The Function Fee includes:
- More care being taken to ensure outdoor areas are presented well
- Supply of firewood for both indoor and outdoor fires
- Supply adequate rubbish bins/recycling bins/rubbish bags
- Removal of all rubbish after the function
- We can organise additional car parking areas if required, please let us know
- Basic pantry items supplied including specialty teas and coffee.
- Platters, glasses, crockery – come and visit we have a great selection for you to use, you may need to hire more or use what is available
- We also have wait and clean staff available for $25.00 per hour
Make an inquiry - email Jane: firstname.lastname@example.org / or phone 027 6632 639
Please Note though - our property has been setup as a accommodation business, it was not purpose built for weddings, so there are few things you must be aware of if you are thinking of using the property for your wedding.
- we strongly advise the use of a generator for additional power if there is high usage e.g. caterers bringing in additional ovens, band requirements, outdoor lighting
- if the wedding is at Appleby House - there is only one toilet for public use, you may want to bring in porta toilets for guests to use
- Appleby House is suited to smaller weddings up to 40 guests if you are planning a larger wedding then you will probably need to a marquee - there are several options where to place marquees close to the house -there are several companies in the Nelson that will manage this for you
Please send an email with how many you would like to invite - and I can cost and supply requirements for larger wedding groups
Looking forward to hearing from you.