Weddings, Functions & Retreats
We are happy to offer Appleby House as a wedding/function/retreats venue + accommodation, with the option of using Rabbit Island Huts as additional accommodation for your guests.
The venue is suited to accommodate up to 24 to 28 staying guests (based on 12 x couples/3 x singles) using all accommodation options.
Appleby House offers: (sleeps up to 12)
- Five queen rooms - additional bedding available if required
- Lots of outdoor space for setting up marquees etc
- Lots of indoor space
- Full commercial kitchen
- Lots of platters, cutlery and glassware supplied
- Outdoor fire and bbq/entertainment area
- Surrounding paddocks for additional parking, marquee set up or helipad
Rabbit Island Huts offers:(two people per Hut)
- Six individual huts that sleep two people in each (one queen bed per hut)
- One Glamping Tent (1 x Queen bed) + Bell Tent (2 x beds)
- Three huts include bathrooms/Three Huts share two separate bathrooms
- Outdoor bath & shower
- Separate outdoor dining area, community area, bathrooms x 2 and bbq area with outdoor fire
Total Rooms 12 Total Occupancy 24 (12 x couples + option of single mattresses x 3)
As a guideline the Function Fee (usually associated with weddings only) is:
- $4,250.00 (inc gst) 20 December to 31 January
- $4,000.00 (inc gst) rest of year Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- $3,800.00 rest of year - week day weddings
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
3 x nights’ accommodation – sleeps up to 10
come in on first day at 4pm (night .1.)
day of wedding (night .2.) - you can use your five hours cleaning here prior to wedding
day after wedding (night .3.) - or use your five hours here to help with the clean up after the wedding
- departure is 10am following day
- Full use of all cutlery, glasses etc – note though you will need to hire what is required based on your number
- Rubbish bags and rubbish removal
- Full use of House & surrounding area – room for you to hire a marquee (there are several options on where to place your marquee close to the House
- 5 hours cleaning – this may be on day of wedding or day after (public areas only) – this cleaning fee is time that can be used during your stay, to take the stress off presenting the house nicely prior to the wedding.
- Additional parking as required
SMALL WEDDINGS - up to 30 people - cost of ceremony & reception $600.00 - small weddings we think as being very small intimate affairs - not requiring a sit down or formal reception. No requirement for bringing in a Marquee.
Please Note though - our property has been setup as a accommodation business, it was not purpose built for large weddings, so there are few things you must be aware of if you are thinking of using the property for your wedding.
- we advise the use of a generator for additional power if there is high usage e.g. caterers bringing in additional ovens, band requirements, outdoor lighting -
- if the wedding is at Appleby House - there is only one toilet for public use, you may want to bring in porta toilets for guests to use
- Appleby House is suited to smaller weddings up to 40 guests if you are planning a larger wedding then you will probably need to a marquee - there are options where to place marquees close to the house - and there are several companies in Nelson that will manage this for you, we are happy to help you by supplying contacts of companies that have worked on our property previously
- You will probably need to also hire tables, chairs, cutlery and crockery depending on what type of wedding you are having
- We can also accommodate Glamping Weddings - there are companies that will organise this for you, we can prepare an area that is suited for setting up 10 to 20 glamping tents for your guests - if you are interested we are happy to discuss options
NOTE: Retreats have special pricing - as they are usually single occupation - please email details such as numbers, nights and I can estimate costs for you.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
027 6632 639