Weddings, Functions & Retreats
We are happy to offer Appleby House as a wedding/function/retreats venue + accommodation, with the option of using Rabbit Island Huts as additional accommodation for your guests.
Please note as we are primarily a accommodation provider and not a wedding venue Appleby House is not available for weddings between mid Dec and end of January.
The venue is suited to accommodate up to 24 to 28 staying guests (based on 12 x couples/3 x singles) using all accommodation options.
Appleby House offers: (sleeps up to 12)
- Five queen rooms - additional bedding available if required
- Lots of outdoor space for setting up marquees etc
- Lots of indoor space
- Full commercial kitchen
- Lots of platters, cutlery and glassware supplied (you may still need to hire)
- Outdoor fire and bbq/entertainment area
- Surrounding paddocks for additional parking, marquee set up or helipad
Rabbit Island Huts offers:(two people per Hut)
- Six individual huts that sleep two people in each (one queen bed per hut)
- One Glamping Tent (1 x Queen bed) + Bell Tent (2 x beds)
- Three huts include bathrooms/Three Huts share two separate bathrooms
- Outdoor bath & shower
- Separate outdoor dining area, community area, bathrooms x 2 and bbq area with outdoor fire
Total Rooms 12 Total Occupancy 24 (12 x couples + option of single mattresses x 3)
As a guideline the Function Fee (usually associated with weddings only) is:
- Function Fee $1200.00 (1 day event) $1500.00 (2 day event) - up to 120 guests
- Rubbish/Bottles - if you do not want to remove these yourself then we can organise bins for both recyling and rubbish and add the cost to the function fee - please let us know.
+ cost of accommodation
3 x nights’ accommodation (minimum stay)– sleeps up to 10 - $680.00 per night x 3 nights = $2040.00
come in on first day at 4pm (night .1.)
day of wedding (night .2.) - you can use your cleaning fee here prior to wedding
day after wedding (night .3.) - or use your three hours here to help with the clean up after the wedding
- departure is 10am following day
Note if you need more time for set up or take down then please think about hiring Appleby House for an additional night it is very hard for us to let you in earlier than 2pm on your day of arrival for set up, and note check out is 10am on the day of departure again we would like to be more relaxed about this but it is a big job to get the House ready for incoming guests after a wedding and we need all the time we can get.
Cost estimate for a one day wedding - ceremony & reception
Venue Hire $1500.00
Accommodation Appleby House only (3 nights minimum) $2040.00
Total estimate only please contact me for a firm quote
additional accommodation available at Rabbit Island Huts - we can quote if you want to overflow to the Huts for your guests.
- Full use of all cutlery, glasses etc – note though you will need to hire what is required based on your number
- Rubbish removal - please let us know if you would like bins hired for recycling or general rubbish or you would like to manage the rubbish removal yourself
- Full use of House & surrounding area – room for you to hire a marquee (there are several options on where to place your marquee close to the House
- Cleaning – if you would like public area cleans, kitchen, dining area, lounge, public bathroom area - please let us know and we can organise a cleaner to come in daily @ $30.00 per hour
- Additional parking as required
SMALL WEDDINGS - up to 40 people - cost of ceremony & reception $600.00 - small weddings we think as being very small intimate affairs - not requiring a sit down or formal reception. No requirement for bringing in a Marquee.
Please Note though - our property has been setup as a accommodation business, it was not purpose built for large weddings, so there are few things you must be aware of if you are thinking of using the property for your wedding.
- we advise the use of a generator for additional power if there is high usage e.g. caterers bringing in additional ovens, band requirements, outdoor lighting -
- if the wedding is at Appleby House - there is only one toilet for public use, you may want to bring in porta toilets for guests to use
- Appleby House is suited to smaller weddings up to 40 guests if you are planning a larger wedding then you will probably need to a marquee - there are options where to place marquees close to the house - and there are several companies in Nelson that will manage this for you, we are happy to help you by supplying contacts of companies that have worked on our property previously
- You will probably need to also hire tables, chairs, cutlery and crockery depending on what type of wedding you are having
- We can also accommodate Glamping Weddings - there are companies that will organise this for you, we can prepare an area that is suited for setting up 10 to 20 glamping tents for your guests - if you are interested we are happy to discuss options
RETREATS have special pricing - as they are usually single occupation - please email details such as numbers, nights and I can estimate costs for you.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
027 6632 639